Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It's been a long time!!!

Hello everyone,

Well it has been a long time since I have posted, but as Denise stated in her last post we have been extremely busy with work. Which is a good thing because here in Michigan if you have a job you are truely blessed.

A couple of weeks ago we were up north, Denise posted some pics but I am going to share some others with you as well as some she took this last weekend.



First we start with her Royal Highness Cleopatera, Queen of the Backyard and Cabin grounds. Cleo was enjoying a warm day in the sun by lying in Denise's garden, that is fine until the tomato plants go in.



A view of Houghton Lakes west shore. As you can see the ice has melted away from the shore. Did that stop the ice fisherman from going out?


You guessed it, no it did not. These fools, oh!!! I mean the ice fisherman were out there doing their thing. Now as many of you know I love to ice fish, however when the ice is melting away from the shore it is time to give up the adventures on the ice.


Whats that you ask? How did they get out on the ice if the ice is not connected to the shore? A fine question. The answer is below.

Why you build a bridge out of 2x6. I do give these die hards credit for going out but personally I think it is not safe.

Back at the cabin these seagulls stopped by for awhile but thankfully they left. This is the first time we have seen seagulls on or near the lake.

This a pic of a bunny statue Denise had in the garden at the cabin. It basically has disintegrated under the three feet of snow and ice.



A view of our lake looking north at the cannel that connects the two parts of the lake. The ice is moving out.



This is a view from the front of the cabin. It is so good to see open water, I cannot wait to go fishing in a boat.

I spent this last weekend at my friend Tom's house putting his dock in. It was windy and a little on the cold side. Thank God for waders. We got done with that and we watched Michigan State beat UConn. We all had good time.

Monday I got a call from my friend Mark and another friend of ours Tom (not the same Tom whose dock we put in) was in town from New Jersey. They were going up to a local bar to watch the Michigan State vs. North Carolina final game. Tom and Mark are both graduates of MSU and were disappointed with the lose. But we had a good time anyway.

Well I have rambled on long enough. From Denise and I we hope everyone has very safe and blessed Easter.

Bill



6 comments:

Shelley said...

I hope our lake has melted as much as yours! Gives me hope for spring. And Cleo is just a beautiful, beautiful dog! I hope you, Denise, Cleo have a wonderful Easter!!

P.S. YOu too Dian!! :-)

Bill said...

I hope your lake is melted to. We are ready for warm weather. Thanks for the compliment on Cleo she is truely our princess. Have a great Easter.
Bill

Cedar ... said...

Nice to see your post,... and happy Easter wishes to you, Denise and Cleo!

Willoughby said...

You're right about the job situation in Michigan. My husband and I know quite a few people who've lost their jobs recently (we live in Macomb County).

I love the pictures of the lake! I haven't been to Houghton Lake in so long. My aunt owned a bar there for more than 30 years. She passed away a few years ago and I don't know what's become of it.

Jen said...

Easter Blessing to you!
I bet you are looking forward to warmer fishing trips.

Unknown said...

Do you leave the docks in over the winter or what was just put back in?