Sunday, December 21, 2008

Albino Deer

Hello Everybody,

Sorry we haven't posted in awhile, we have been very busy with work and getting ready for Christmas. I thought I would share this Email my wonderful Mother-in-Law sent to me a couple of weeks ago. ( I have to say she is wonderful because she reads the blog, Hi Mom).

I have not been back up north since my last post. We were going to go hunting last weekend but my friend Rick was sick and this weekend we got hit with a snowstorm on Friday. I didn't feel like driving up in that weather. Let the ice fishing season start!!!!

I have been working in the garage on couple of gifts for Denise. I will post about those after Christmas.

Anyway here is the Email. Albino deer are not something you see everyday in the wild. They are pretty rare. These are some incredible pics. Enjoy!!!

'Behind the Gray Rock Cafe in Grayling, Michigan Tim Gillette made the deer feeder with the 'Browning' logo. These twin Albinos have been coming into the back of Gray Rock Cafe since they were fawns in 2006. We have been trying to capture a digital pic of them for Awhile, but they arrive at dusk or even later and the pics don't turn Out. On Friday about 10 am they arrived. It was a beautiful Morning and they came for their photo op.

On one pic you will even notice their breath.'




12 comments:

George said...

The albino deer are gorgeous -- I've never seen one before. Thanks for sharing.

Alex and Alicia said...

Wow- those deer are absolutely gorgeous. They're almost dream-like! How gorgeous, too, against the snowy backdrop. Thanks, Bill, for sharing them with us (and thanks to your Mother-in-law for sending them!).

Powell River Books said...

I am sure they are really rare, especially as twins. Our deer population is in trouble right now. They don't know why for sure, but think that an imbalance with predators is the cause. They may even limit or close hunting in the coming year to allow them to rebuilt. - Margy

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow---love the albino deer. I've never seen them before. They are beautiful --especially in the snow!!!! Thanks for sharing.
Betsy

Cedar ... said...

Here in the north country of NY we have a lot of deer, I see them year round. But I have never seen an albino deer! Those are amazing shots!

Jen said...

Awesome pictures of the deer!
We have one on our farm, but no picture-maybe someday.
Looking forward to seeing the surprise you are working on for Denise.
Merry Christmas to you both!

Chris said...

Wow first time ever seeing this...they are so cute !
Merry Christmas : )

Shelley said...

These deer are just so beautiful! (And not too far from us in Gaylord!) I hope they live long healthy lives!
P.S. Can't wait to see what you're making Denise for xmas!

Denise said...

George - I had never seen them before, either.

Alicia - I have to admit, I didn't know that you could post pics from email. I learned something new about computers from my husband...sigh.

Margy - it is odd to hear about a low population. The airline that I work for has to shoo the deer off of the runway at our maintenance base in Oscoda, MI before our big 747's come in.

Betsy - I've never seen one either. I'd love to see them in person. I've heard that they are rejected by the rest of the herd.

Cedar - I'd give credit to the person who took those pics, but I don't know who they are. If you stop by this blog, let me know so that we can give credit!

Jen - you are so lucky to have one on your farm.

Chris - they are cute. Glad to see you blogged again!

Shelley - you are right, they are close by you! I bet you could get some great shots of them.

marmee said...

very cool pics of the albino twins, thanks for sharing.

Jim and Ivie Baker said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL! I've never seen a wild albino deer before and here you have photos of two of them at the same time. Thanks for sharing.

Daisy said...

They are lovely! Is that "mom" in the background?